The Dinner Table
Some possible scenes...
1. Grandma is visiting for the first time in months and the family is gathered round the table for a special dinner. During the meal, a long-kept secret slips out.
2. A person who has recently come out of a difficult relationship cooks and eats their first meal alone.
3. A couple have been together for years and eat the same things each week on the same days, often in silence. They sit down to eat the thing they always eat on a Tuesday and an unexpected guest shows up.
4. The person who cooked the meal and one of the guests have a quietly competitive relationship which leads to growing tensions as they eat.
5. During a blind date in a restaurant, one of the pair realises that they have met before and isn’t sure whether the other one remembers when it was, and how significant.